About Me

My photo
"JGallery" where I talk about my artwork and show my pre-painting sketches and drawings and crap like that

Thursday, January 9, 2014

three kings (3 moth edition print)


This is a deaths head moth. One of 3 in this series of prints. The edition of this print was 10 I believe. when I start to do and edition I tend to print at least 15 or 20, and then compare all of them with the B.A.T and chose which ones to include in the edition, regardless of the number of the edition itself. 

Why hello there. 


Its always good to have a selection of different kinds of paper too, bfk rag paper and litho white are my favourites to work with, but there are some really great japanese papers that you can get to experiment with too.

This is what my set up looked like, its good to have things nice and organized, that was something I picked up from a few of my professors at my university.





The print with the multiple moths was the third in this edition, unfortunately since it was a random drop print I didn't feel like it was necessary to do a close up shot. half of the edition for the final print of 'Three Kings' was a random drop while the rest were printed like the others. In this photo theres also 'The Jumper' a highly detailed print of a jumping spider. I feel that this print was rather successful in what I was after, mostly because things that are seen as small and insignificant, do bare weight and have an impact to the world. this is also true for people. So hopefully this spider gets my point across. 


I took a couple of weeks off for the christmas break, since I didn't go anywhere for christmas and just stayed here I ended up working a lot more than I thought I was going to, which in a way was good, but this holiday really takes a chunk out of you when you don't really have the money for it. hope all is well  to whom ever stumbles upon this.

No comments:

Post a Comment