About Me

My photo
"JGallery" where I talk about my artwork and show my pre-painting sketches and drawings and crap like that

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The starting of my Doctor Who prints

This here is a full bleed print. Now a full bleed in printmaking is just as it sounds, the original paper colour was white, so I put this paper through the press about 2 times to get the intensity that I wanted. When it comes to printing with colour, especially a blue as specific as the Tardis, the colour roller has to be extremely clean. This way the colour comes out as intense and clean as possible. In the photo it doesn't look like the colour matches the Tardis, but trust me it does.  

My hands after printing, stained for the next 4 days after.

ugh gross. 
The next layer on this print was the Tardis, that was a toner transfer( that didn't work and I had to hand draw most of it) after which I wrote "just a mad man with a box" underneath it. This print was rather simple, and is an extended edition. I have about 12 or so prints of it just on white litho paper, and the other 8 where on the full bleed.



they turned out rather well, but there was something missing, so I let them set up for about 2 weeks while I worked on other prints and what not. After it was dry I hand tinted the windows of the Tardis to make it more unique. 
Hand tinting prints after they are done is pretty simple. All you need to to is water down litho ink with estisol, it worked rather well. It took about 3 times until the light colour showed up against the dark blue. from start to finish, I think that this one turned out pretty good.

looks pretty good.

Oh look a MOUSE! 

This turned into an edition of 6, with a BAT and 1 artist proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment