About Me

My photo
"JGallery" where I talk about my artwork and show my pre-painting sketches and drawings and crap like that

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Proofing and Printing Process

When it came to printing my tarantula it went really smoothly, sometimes printing and proofing can become a disaster. So you really need to no when its ok to say FUCK IT and start over. But when it came to my first test run back in the print studio, it went really well. The proofing of the image was finished within an hour on regular sketchbook paper until the image was to where I wanted it (press pressure wise that is) and after the proofing was done I went straight to printing.  when it comes to printing an edition you need to establish a B.A.T print, that is the print that all of your proofs are based off of and are compared against, and it they match the B.A.T perfectly they become a part of the edition. 



The only thing with this print that I don't like is the fact that it was just a test, and I didn't want to put the time into it. I could of obviously pushed it farther, and perhaps I will this fallowing summer, but until then, this print will remain unfinished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment