About Me

My photo
"JGallery" where I talk about my artwork and show my pre-painting sketches and drawings and crap like that

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

dabbling with a surrealist twang






So far i've been working on this digital drawing for the past 5 hours.. and for some reason it still looks incomplete to me, Im still refining the edges and some of the darker and lighter tones

I thought I would share what i've been up to.

I don't know why I added the stapler... that was just a random thing that I was thinking about when I was playing with my photoshop. and I added extra legs for funnzies haha

I've been looking at a lot of surrealist art lately, mostly Dali. But I find it so visually stimulating. However when it comes to stuff like this, it falls more along the lines of illustration than anything else. I mean, i've done this kinda stuff before and especially when your in art college the professors tend to look down at stuff like this. Mainly because they don't consider illustration art. But isn't illustration just another form of a narrative? it tells a story, as does most of the art works i've seen and had the pleasure of reading about in my art history classes. So in a word... my professors are crazy for thinking that this kind of work isn't art.

one step forward, two steps back. Just can't win with some teachers. hahaha anyway back to work.



cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment